Believe me, I’ve spent an eternity to find out, how to gain more followers on Instagram. Especially as a fashion blogger you’re seeking for more attention for your blog – as stupid as it may sounds, but what is a fashion blog without follower and people to inspire? Right, nothing! Instagram might be the best platform to make people recognize you, your blog and your work. You can easily build kind of a portfolio and gain more followers with it.
Although there are plenty of tipps and tricks on the internet on how to get more followers, on the first sight, no one of them seem to be the one who really works out for you. And I deliberately say “on the first sight” because actually they are all true, we just tend to think that there is a more complicated method for thousands of followers.
On the occasion of my 10.000 milestone on Instagram, I wanted to share my knowledge about it as I’m sure that a lot of you would love and of course deserve to have a bigger community on planet Insta.
How to get more followers on Instagram for my Fashion Blog?
First, I want to tell you that you always have to keep in mind the phrase “give and take” as it’s, just like in real life, the most important thing on Instagram.
1. The more people you follow and the more honestly meant “Likes” you give, the more people will recognize your Account and will give all these “gestures” back. If they think your account is nice and inspiring, why shouldn’t they follow and like you back? And if they “only” like your pictures back, don’t be sad, because all those hearts they share, are also very important and of significance as all the pictures they like, are shown to their subscribers what means, that maybe somebody else will recognize and like your Instagram-Feed.
2. Probably the most important thing on planet Insta is the quality of your Account. From the very moment you should think about, which audience you would like to reach. Fashionistas? Fitnessjunkies? Foodistas? – What or whoever it is, try not to deviate from it if you share pictures with your followers and make clear which people your account is dedicated to. What’s also very important is, to respond to questions from your community and not to ignore them just. As already said, if you want to take, you should also give something back and in this case it’s information and inspiration. If you want to have more followers, you need to give something back to them, as easy as it sounds, this is the only way to build a loyal and fantastic community. :-)
3. I guess I’m not the only one who’s in the opinion that a beautiful feed is at least as important as the rest. If your feed contains only spam pictures and none high qualitative ones, no one will be interested in following. Or are you willing to follow people with a boring Instagram feed? I’m sure you’re not.
4. Share pictures every 3-5 hours. Are you wondering how some fashion blogger managed to gain thousands, or millions of follower on Instagram? The recipe: they just post high-quality pictures at regular intervals. On average all 3 – 5 hours. But please always keep in mind, it’s better to post less with good quality, than more with less ones which will, for certain lead others to unfollow your account. I guess you’re also not willing too to get spammed by others :-)
5. Tag your pictures with labels and set matching hashtags. – This is also a very effective way to make others to recognize your Instagram Account. If there’s a necklace from Accessorize, some shades from LeSpace or shoes from Aldo visible, look for their Instagram Account and tag them.
6. Shoutouts: though I’m not a huge fan of it – yes, some time ago I’ve also used this method to gain more followers. Why I don’t like it (anymore) is, that somehow it’s totally disturbing. Especially if the shoutouted account actually doesn’t suit your audience. The consequence: a lot of unfollowers. Nevertheless it works to get more followers, at the end it’s still your choice if you go for this method or not. :-)
Well, that’s the recipe of how I gained 10.000 followers in a short space of time. :-) Where all those tips helpful for you? Or maybe you have any better ones which you would like to share with us? :-)